Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Devon County Council will act as a ‘data controller’ for any personal data that you provide to us. As such, we will ensure that the data you give us is processed in line with our organisation’s data protection policies and in line with your rights under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations.
Should you wish to find out more about Devon County Council’s data protection policies please contact our Data Protection Officer.
What types of personal data will we collect?
- your job title
- the name of the organisation you work for.
Why are we collecting your personal data?
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- to gain an understanding of who is using the toolkit
- to evaluate its usage as a multiagency resource
- to help us conduct improvements to the toolkit
- to help us tailor the toolkit to its primary audience
- to help us target our promotional activities.
Who will we share your personal data with?
Your survey responses will only be seen by specified administrators who work within Devon County Council.
In order to evaluate the toolkit’s usage and conduct improvements we may share information from your survey with our partner organisations. All data shared in this way will be anonymised and will only be used to assist the design and development of the toolkit.
How long will we hold your personal data?
Your personal data will be retained for one year after the date you submit your survey.
Exercising your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights:
- The right of access to your own personal data.
- The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine readable format.
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent.
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
Your right to complain
If you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by Devon County Council, you should write to the Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with the Council’s customer feedback procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office