Who is collecting and using your personal data?
Devon County Council will act as a ‘data controller’ for any personal data that you provide to us. As such, we will ensure that the data you give us is processed in line with our organisation’s data protection policies and in accordance with your rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulations and associated data protection laws currently applicable in the UK.
Should you wish to find out more about Devon County Council’s data protection policies please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that failure to provide your personal data will mean you will be unable to register for the learning management system and not able to access e-learning modules, quizzes, assignments or face to face training.
Why are we collecting your personal data?
We are collecting your personal data for the following purposes:
- To register you on the learning management system.
- To access e-learning, quizzes, assignments and face to face training.
- To enable you to progress your learning development.
We rely upon the following laws to process your personal data:
- Data Protection Act 2018.
- Service-related legislation for specific courses.
Who will we share your personal data with?
To deliver services to you and comply with our legal and public interest obligations it may be necessary for us to share your personal data with the following organisations/partners:
- Care Quality Commission.
- Devon and Cornwall Police.
- Disclosure and Barring Service.
- Health and Care Professions Council.
- Health organisations.
- Our learning management system provider.
- Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub.
How long will we hold your personal data?
Devon County Council will retain your basic identification and contact data, plus your learning data until further notice. Other information such as assignment numbers is deleted after two years of inactivity or on receipt of notification of having left employment.
Confirmation of organisation names automatically sets the charging level.
Exercising your rights
Under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulations you have the following rights:
- The right of access to your own personal data.
- The right to request rectification or deletion of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to request a copy of the information you provide us in machine-readable format.
- The right to withdraw your consent to any processing that is solely reliant upon your consent.
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights, you should contact the Data Protection Officer.
Your right to complain
If you wish to complain about the way that your personal data has been handled by Devon County Council, you should write to the Data Protection Officer and clearly outline your case. Your complaint will then be investigated in accordance with the Council’s customer feedback procedure. If you remain dissatisfied with the way your personal data has been handled, you may refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office whose contact details are below:
Information Commissioner’s Office