Contact us

Health and Safety
Great Moor House
Sowton Industrial Estate

Tel: 01392 382027 (office hours)

Devon County Council Health and Safety Service are not able to deal with environmental health matters (such as food safety), or health and safety matters regarding premises that are not owned or managed by Devon County Council.

Your local district council is your contact for queries regarding environmental health, food safety, as well as health and safety in businesses such as hotels, restaurants, offices, shops and leisure facilities. Local district councils also deal with housing conditions in private sector rented properties.

You can find local district council contact details here.

If you have a query about health and safety in businesses such as factories, farms, quarries and on building sites, these are dealt with by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). The full list of responsibilities can be found here.

Report a problem to the HSE.