Fund title: Swire Charitable Trust
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Grants for charities that are directly addressing the challenges faced by the most marginalised and disadvantaged people and for projects to protect the UK’s environment and heritage. There is also a £1m COVID Recovery Programme for charities working in disadvantaged areas to support vulnerable people.
Applications may be submitted at any time
The Swire Charitable Trust makes grants to charities supporting some of the UK’s most vulnerable people to overcome barriers and realise their potential, and to charities that are protecting the UK’s environment and heritage.
The funding priorities are:
Opportunity – improving life chances, realising potential.
In particular: ex-service men and women; victims of slavery and trafficking; children and young people in care, involved with the criminal justice system or who are socio-economically disadvantaged.
Environment – connecting people to the environment and supporting the UK’s biodiversity
Heritage – regeneration through restoration and safeguarding endangered skills
There is no minimum or maximum grant size and funding can be used towards core costs and capital expenditure. Note that the trust receives many more applications than it can support and that in 2020 85% of all applications were unsuccessful.
The Swire Charitable Trust also has a dedicated £1 million Covid-19 Recovery Programme. This gives grants to charities that are providing a critical response to the crisis or are facing severe short-term funding pressures.
This programme prioritises charities that:
- can demonstrate that they are addressing a clear Covid-19 related need
- face unprecedented demand for their services
- are experiencing Covid-19 related funding gaps
Search the site
- RT @ExeterCouncil: Employers are all ready to meet jobseekers at the Exeter Jobs Fair. The event at the Corn Exchange is now open and… https://t.co/fwNaGALDYE 5d ago
- Do you have experience of delivering projects and programmes? We are seeking to recruit a Senior Economic Developme… https://t.co/9ROnR4lnED 5d ago
- RT @CSW_Group: SMART SKILLS on Tour! @PlymBizCentres Today SMART SKILLS has arrived at City Business Park in Plymouth.… https://t.co/VhGiVIIehl 2 weeks ago
- RT @CSW_Group: Have you got the skills to make a real difference to unemployed young people? We are looking for individuals who ca… https://t.co/FTDdRBr8FZ 2 weeks ago