For audit of accounts from 2018/19, Devon County Council has opted into the arrangement that Public Sector Audit Appointments Limited (PSAA) will appoint the Council’s external auditors. More information at Notice of appointment of auditor from 2018/19. Each year the external auditor issues an annual audit letter summarising the key messages arising from the audit.
We also carry out internal audit with Devon Audit Partnership to ensure that statutory financial responsibilities are achieved, and to assist managers in the effective delivery of services, seeking to ensure value for money. We maintain close cooperation with the external auditor to reduce overall audit costs.
Statement of accounts
- Unaudited statement of accounts 2019/20
- Statement of accounts 2018/19
- Statement of accounts 2017/18
- Statement of accounts 2016/17
- Statement of accounts 2015/16
- Statement of accounts 2014/15
- Statement of accounts 2013/14
- Statement of accounts 2012/13
- Statement of accounts 2011/12
- Statement of accounts 2010/11
Independent audit report
- Certificate of completion of the audit 2018-19
- Independent audit report on the Devon Pension Fund 2018-19
- Independent audit report to the authority 2018-19
- Certificate of completion of the audit 2017-18
- Independent audit report to the authority 2017/18
- Independent audit report on the Devon Pension Fund 2017/18
- Certificate of completion of the audit 2016/17
- Independent audit report to the authority 2016/17
- Independent audit report on the Devon Pension Fund 2016/17
- Certificate of completion of the audit 2015/16
- Independent audit report to the authority 2015/16
- Independent audit report on the Devon Pension Fund 2015/16
- Independent audit report to the authority 2014/15
- Independent audit report on the Devon Pension Fund 2014/15
The Code of Practice on Local Authority Accounting prescribes the content and general format of the statement of accounts.
We take accessibility seriously and recognise that some of the information presented in the files available on this page may not be fully accessible to someone using assistive technology such as a screen reader. If you need guidance or an alternative format, email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of any preferred format and the assistive technology you use.
Inspection of accounts
By law, we have to make our accounts available to the public for inspection for a period of 30 working days.
You have a right to inspect the council’s accounts. Electors may also ask questions about, or challenge, the accounts.
The inspection period would normally have to include the first 10 working days of June. However, in anticipation of the potential disruption to local authorities caused by the spread of coronavirus, Parliament has extended the deadline for the publication of 2019/20 annual accounts. The inspection period must commence on or before the first working day of September in 2020.
The inspection period will begin on Wednesday 26 August 2020 and end on Wednesday 7 October 2020. Further details are provided in the public notice.
The National Audit Office provides Council accounts – a guide to your rights where you will find more information.