What are the requirements of the fund?
- All initial applications should be discussed with the Neighbourhood Highway Officer prior to submission.
- Match funding, which can be in the form of providing the volunteer labour for a project, other grant funding or fundraising. Details of this should be clearly noted on the initial application
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all works are undertaken by suitably qualified personnel. A risk assessment in place and are undertaken in line with the appropriate method statement. Failure to do so could affect insurance cover and could also result in the grant being recovered by DCC.
- Bids for; open bladed power tools, and other specialist equipment, will only be funded if there is evidence of an appropriate level of competence by those intending to use the equipment.
- If an organisation successfully bids for a selection of tools, and equipment, Devon County Council would expect those tools to be available for neighbouring communities should they be undertaking maintenance works.
- Projects should aim to help achieve Devon County Council’s strategic aims
- On completion the following must be provided:
- An expenditure form and any relevant receipts or invoices
- A case study including both before and after pictures. These will be used by Devon County Council in promotional material on both the website and social media. Some projects may also be selected for further publicity with external agencies such as the BBC.
Successful applicants will be provided with a checklist to guide them through their project, an expenditure form, and a template for their case study.