What the fund cannot support
Generally speaking, the following will not be considered eligible for support:
- Projects that promote or support a particular political, faith or belief (including repairs to buildings used solely for these activities)
- Individuals or projects that result in direct cash payments or awards to the end beneficiaries, or to ongoing staff salaries
- Project sponsorship and fundraising events
- Projects from purely commercial or for- “private-profit” organisations.
- Projects considered likely to create a new or displaced dependency on other public and voluntary services.
- Projects providing services which are a statutory duty
- Regular Highways-related activity such as but not limited to grass cutting, ditch and drainage work or other associated ‘lengthsman’ duties and tasks
- Projects benefitting one individual recipient, e.g. an individual carer.
- Projects which have already been supported through the current year’s funding
- Projects where more than 25% of the people benefiting from the project live outside the DCC administrative area of Devon.
- Animal Welfare projects where the sole/majority of beneficiaries are animals (i.e. charity, rescue or therapy)
- Projects seeking a commitment to ongoing support.
- Projects where groups have more than 12 months running costs in unrestricted reserves
- Projects that have already taken place.
- Organisations or groups that do not have a bank account in their name with at least two unrelated signatories and/or do not have a management committee comprising at least three unrelated members. Unless you are applying using guidance note **(a) above