General DCC terms and conditions for grant funding
Full details of the specific DCC terms and conditions relating to these grant schemes form part of the application process and require projects to accept them before any funds are released. However, there are some generic conditions which apply to all the grant schemes, which your group/organisation project needs to be aware of.
- You must confirm on the application that your project meets the respective eligibility criteria. The grant can only be used for the purposes specified in the application.
- Project applicants must confirm the project serves communities within the DCC administrative area of Devon, with at least 75% of the people benefiting from the project living in that area.
- There is no automatic right to a grant, DCC will consider all applications and decide on the applications it wishes to grant fund, seeking to distribute funding in an even-handed way across the entire area of Devon it administers. DCC reserves the right not to make a funding offer to a project.
- Grants will be awarded where they are deemed to be most needed and where they would have the greatest, long-lasting impact and outcomes.
- Grants will be awarded on a one-off basis and applications for continuation of ‘business as usual’ will not be supported. Any grant relating to an application does not commit the County Council to ongoing future funding.
- For successful projects, DCC funds will only be released following the submission of evidence that the remainder of the match funding has been secured from other sources.
- Applicants have to accept in writing (an email or online application will suffice) the associated DCC Terms and Conditions before any grants can be released.
- Any unspent/uncommitted monies will be returned to Devon County Council, in line with the relevant terms and conditions applying.
- An evaluation of how the funding has benefited the organisation/local community will be provided; in line with the relevant terms and conditions applying.
- 10. Any DCC grant-funded projects will clearly acknowledge, in any related publicity materials the Fund Scheme as a DCC initiative.
- DCC grant-funded projects accept that DCC will issue publicity about projects and activities that it supports, so may use such projects within its publicity materials and as promotional case studies, and may wish the project to evaluate further its project work and outcomes. Publicity may include digital images, video and other content.
- Within 1 month of project completion, projects receiving a DCC grant will conduct a project evaluation (i.e. proof of how fund monies have been spent must be supplied in the form of invoices, video, audio, photos and a one-page project summary) and forward it to DCC.
- DCC grants cannot be used to: benefit individuals directly, (e.g. ongoing salary costs or cash payments), or for private profit businesses, reverse public sector policy or provide services which are the statutory responsibility of public sector agencies, support political activities and/or projects where most or all beneficiaries are animals (i.e. charity, rescue or therapy), fund and commit to ongoing support.
- Regular Highways-related activity such as grass cutting, ditch and drainage work and any other associated ‘lengthsman’ duties, are not eligible for these funding schemes. Separate DCC community self-help schemes exist which give town and parish councils and community self-help groups the opportunity to take control of small local highways related maintenance tasks; allowing them to manage local volunteers and maintain their own local area. For further information: https://www.devon.gov.uk/roadsandtransport/maintaining-roads/self-help-and-community-support/
- Repayment of DCC grant funds may be required at the sole discretion of Devon County Council if a funded project supplies false information, fails to spend the money in any allotted time period, fails to return evaluation materials within the agreed time period, becomes insolvent and/or there are any other breaches of the conditions or eligibility criteria.
- DCC may request additional information and assurances; requiring additional terms and conditions to apply and will require you to confirm in writing your acceptance of any additional terms and conditions before agreeing to provide DCC grant funding. Acceptance can be in the form of an email from the charity/organisation’s contact email address provided on the application form.