Western Road, Ivybridge – Parking relocation
This consultation is now closed and a Public Consultation Report has been published.
Western Road, Ivybridge is part of a designated Air Quality Management Area (AQMA). Devon County Council is, therefore, working with South Hams District Council to develop a solution which improves the local air quality.
Our Ivybridge Transport Study and South Hams District Council’s Air Quality Action Plan identify that the existing on-street parking arrangements create a pinchpoint as the carriageway narrows, preventing a two-way flow of traffic. This results in the idling of engines waiting to pass and the gradual build-up of queues contribute to the poor air quality of the area.
We are proposing the following measures:
- The removal of parking spaces along Western Road.
- The introduction of double-yellow lines along Western Road.
- The demolition of the old fire station building.
- The construction of a car park on the verge between Western Road and Wayside.
- Some pavement widening on the northern side of Western Road.
In addition to the specific scheme options, feedback is also encouraged on the following issues throughout the duration of this public consultation:
- Permit arrangements for the relocated parking.
- Possible relocation of Rose Cottage bus stop (westbound).
Please follow the links below to find more detailed information about the different scheme layouts being considered:
- Consultation Leaflet
- Consultation Poster
- Drawing: Option A
- Drawing: Option B
- Drawing: Pavement Widening
- Ivybridge Transport Study
- South Hams Air Quality Action Plan
Share your views
Public consultation was held between 14 January and 3 March 2019 to seek the views of residents and stakeholders.
An exhibition of the parking options, staffed by members of the project team, took place on 22 January at Ivybridge Library between 2pm and 7pm.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.