We would like to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and working with the government and NHS.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information for Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice pages.
Devon early years guidance, documents and templates
- Guidance and advice
- Health protection in schools and childcare settings – notes on infectious diseases in schools and nurseries
- Inclusion toolkit
- The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Guidance for writing an acceptable customer behaviour policy
- Guidance to writing an online safety policy
- Marketing Guide for Childcare Providers in Devon
- Guidance to writing an emergency plan- childminders
- Guidance to writing an emergency plan – settings
- Flowchart for severe weather emergency procedures
- Guidance on minimum temperatures to be maintained within settings
- Unexpected or Traumatic Death of a child
- Understanding and dealing with issues relating to parental responsibility
- Single Central Record
- Example daily risk assessment
- Risk Assessment for outings
- Accident Log
- Incident Log
- Short Term Administration of Medicine
- Long term Administration of Medicine
- Supporting pupils with medical conditions
- Guidance for using the register
- Attendance register for children
- Booking register for children
- Register and rota for staff
- Complaints log
- Example daily risk assessment for settings
- Home Risk Assessment
- Additional information for childminders
Guidance for writing policies and procedures
Childminders often worry about having the right policies and keeping the right records. The guidance for writing policies and procedures covers the Safeguarding and Welfare requirements of the EYFS and aims to help you produce meaningful policies and procedures.
Food standards and information on allergens
The safer food, better business (SFBB) pack is especially for childminders. The pack gives simple, straightforward advice on food safety, including information on cooking, cleaning, chilling, feeding babies and children, and looking after a child with a food allergy.
People connected with Ofsted-registered childcare
Fire Safety Advice for childminders
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service have produced guidance for childminders and childcare providers which includes information on completing fire risk assessments.
Selecting resources to support observation, assessment and planning