Admissions to nursery places and foundation stage units in schools
- Admissions Arrangements for Nursery Classes, Nursery and Foundation Stage Unit (FSU) – January 2020
- Nursery Admissions Policy Template – January 2020
- School Nursery Application Form (DCAF-0)
- Note of interest for a nursery place form
‘Stepping Out’- A guide for parents on admission to nursery and foundation stage units
All community and voluntary controlled schools with nursery classes and governor run provision must follow the Devon County Council Nursery Admissions policy and direct parents to the Stepping Out booklet.
- Stepping Out (currently being updated)
- Chestnut Nursery School reach map
- Westexe Nursery School reach map
- DCC Admissions Page
Applications for a place in a nursery school or nursery class in a maintained school must be made on the School Nursery Application Form.
For admission to nursery schools in Devon the reach areas of the co-located children’s centre will be used as a guide for governors when they are allocating nursery places. Please refer to the maps above if you are considering applying for a place at Chestnut Nursery School or Westexe Nursery School in Exeter. Priority will be given to children living within the reach areas in the same way as schools designated areas are used to determine priority for admission to nursery classes in primary and infant schools in Devon.
- Induction and transition – a discussion paper on induction and transition into reception classes in Devon schools.