For early years and childcare providers who have not met the criteria for inclusion in the directory of providers, has been or faces removal from the directory or is suspended from the directory.
- Where an application for inclusion in the directory has been refused or a decision made that a provider should be removed from the directory, the provider will be informed of the decision in writing and be given reasons for the refusal or removal.
- Should a provider wish to appeal against the decision to refuse inclusion on or removal from the directory, they must email firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 working days of the date of the notification of the decision requesting a review of the decision. The letter should outline the reasons why the provider feels aggrieved by the decision, in particular addressing any areas of concern identified in the decision letter.
- An acknowledgement of the appeal letter will be sent within 10 working days of its receipt. Devon County Council shall in this letter give the provider a date, time and location of the appeal hearing. Devon County Council will endeavour to ensure that any appeal hearing will be held within one month of the notification of appeal. The appeal will be held in private.
- The appeal shall be heard by Senior Managers and/or an Elected Member.There will also be a clerk to record the proceedings. The hearing will be as informal as possible. A member of the providers’ staff, trustee, committee member or governor etc. may attend to put the providers’ case and may be accompanied by another person to help or to put the providers’ case on its behalf. Devon County Council may also have a maximum of two representatives to put the Councils case.
- Should the appeal panel uphold the decision to refuse entry onto the directory, no further action is necessary.
- In the event that the panel uphold the decision to remove the provider from the directory, Devon County Council will notify Ofsted, the Department for Education and affected parents.
- The decision will be given within 14 days of the hearing and its decision shall be final.
- In the event the provider is not satisfied with their treatment under this appeals procedure they may be entitled to make a complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.
- Contact Details: The Local Government Ombudsman, The Oaks, Westwood Way, Westwood Business Park, Coventry, CV4 8JB