What can be applied for?
Projects and works:
- Pothole repairs (when they do not meet our intervention criteria)
- Clearing weeds
- Cleaning signs
- Cleaning drainage (gully grating)
- Repairing finger posts and other public realm works
- Cutting hedges
Materials and activities:
- Personal protection equipment (PPE)
- A percentage of contractor costs
- Road closures
- Repeat funding for revisiting a project to continue maintenance
- Training (requests that are not covered through our standard training offer)
The above lists are not exhaustive, and all initial applications will be reviewed on an individual basis. The board considers the type of work that will be undertaken, how the money will be spent, and the overall benefit to the community.
Projects delivered through the Road Warden scheme will be particularly supported, especially those that will demonstrate on-going sustainability or become an ongoing enhancement exercise.
Applications which can demonstrate collaboration such as tool sharing will also be considered more favourably.