At Devon County Council, Digital and Technology services are managed between three teams:
- In the Digital Transformation Team we design, develop and deliver effective digital technology services for DCC’s staff and Devon residents. We design and utilise digital technology to make it easy for customers to get things done.
- In the ICT Commissioning Team we design, purchase and manage essential IT services on behalf of the County Council, making sure these services meet our business needs, as well as planning and developing IT services to meet our future needs.
- In the Scomis Delivery Group we work closely with the ICT Commissioning Team to deliver IT services and support to DCC staff and partners as well as commercially to external customers including schools and academies.
Working in any of these teams offers exciting, sometimes challenging opportunities to make a real difference and meet the needs of our customers. These include:
- Providing greater flexibility through IT, freeing staff from the office to work directly with the public, such as social workers, or on-site, such as highways engineers
- Providing staff with effective IT tools to allow them to collaborate seamlessly with our partners on joint services and important projects
- Providing easy-to-use online services so that the public can access our services to get what they need, simply and quickly
- Understanding the ambitions of the different parts of the Council and using the latest IT solutions to meet these
- Providing a responsive, helpful support service for IT
Working in any of these teams also offers the usual benefits of working for DCC; a generous leave allowance, access to a competitive pension and opportunities for flexible or home working. We can offer a wide range of roles that span from entry level and degree level apprenticeships, support staff, service design and development staff, project delivery staff and service management roles.
The place to work
Think you know local government? Think again. Modern. Flexible. Inclusive. Find a job that makes a difference and contributes to your local community, and gives you the flexibility and support you need.