Please use the tabs below to learn about Open University social work courses that are available including the application process.
- Open University social work degreeEligibility Criteria
Offering a BA Hons in Social Work or a Post Graduate Diploma and MA in Social Work. (Please note this is only for those already employed by Devon County Council on a permanent contact working in childrens social care).Application Pack
You must work for Devon County Council on a Permanent Contract within Childrens Social Care.
The following criteria are essential requirements
* have current or previous work experience in social care
* demonstrate motivation and enthusiasm for social work training
* you must be committed to work in frontline social work and to completing the ASYE programme on completion of your qualification
* meet the entry requirements of the Open University Social Work Degree Program
(you will need to present original copies of your qualifications at interview)
* have shown an interest in social work as a career through your supervision/appraisal process
* have the support of your Line Manager and Area/Operations Manager as you will remain in
* your substantive post during the course of the degree with no backfill
* be committed to remain working for Devon County Council in Children’s Social Care for at least two years post-qualifyingInterview Process
Please download the relevant application form, declaration form and equal opportunities form and email to email@example.com These forms must be signed (e-signatures accepted) by all parties. Applications close 4pm Monday 13 May 2019.
The OU require your employer to apply for an ‘Enhanced DBS with list’ check if you don’t already hold a CRB or DBS check against all parts of the register (children’s and adults) which will be dated within a year of you starting your studies. This is arranged by yourself through your teams if successful.
You are also required undertake a medical check which the Academy will apply for via Devon County Council.
Applications for 2019
Closing date for applications 4pm Monday 13 May 2019. If you are successful you will be invited to attend our assessment centre which takes on Friday 7 June 2019 and Monday 10 June 2019 at the Coaver Club Exeter . You will required to undertake a formal interview including a young persons panel, group exercise and written test.