In April 2018 we became part of the South West Regional RiP Partnership. RiP provide DCC staff with access to research, practice guidance and learning opportunities that support evidence informed practice and continuing professional development. RiP is a leader in its field, offering high quality resources and essential information to support you in your role.
All DCC staff have free access to Research in Practice – if you don’t have an account you are missing out – create one here using your @devon.gov.uk email address
What does RiP provide
- A wide range of electronic and hard copy resources – designed to be accessible, engaging and targeted at different staff across the organisation to achieve change. Recent publications include: Parental Mental Health; Intrafamilial Child Sexual Abuse; 21st Century Social Work with children and young people with disabilities.
- Themed monthly Research and Policy Updates providing you with a synopsis of key research in a chosen area as well as the latest information on policy developments and consultations.
- Case law summaries are a monthly update summarising and analysing selected public law cases and their implications for practice. The summaries will provide the main details of the case and highlight key messages for practice.
- Places learning events throughout the year. Our staff have recently attended workshops on; Complex Safeguarding and Exploitation; Transitions in childrens lives; Working with parents who have a learning disability.
- Access to an online repository of learning resources including; guides, literature reviews, recorded webinars, videos, e-learning. They have even mapped all their resources to the Knowledge and Skills Statements. If you don’t already have an account make one now.
- Annual Change Project programme – opportunities to participate in an innovative model for action research and practice development. Previously DCC involvement includes ‘Analysis and Critical Thinking in Assessment’, ‘Parental Capacity to Change – Team Based Learning’ and most recently ‘Recurrent Care Proceedings’.
The Academy works closely with RiP to maximise uptake of materials. We approve requests to attend learning events and webinars. We distribute hard copies of the resources to managers, depending on the topic, to distribute to teams