Standard 1: Understand your role
- Welcome to DCC- a short summary of DCC’s organisational set up and what’s expected from all staff.
- Code of Conduct for Health and Social Care Workers – national standards
- CQC – for all services regulated by CQC (not needed for Day Opportunities)
- Policies and Summary Guidance – a summary of the key policies and guidance for DCC adult social care services.
- The Devon Way of Working Competency Framework – these are the behaviour standards for all DCC staff. They will be referred to in supervision.
- Skills for Care Workbook – underpinning knowledge and principles for all health and social care staff.
- Code of Conduct questions for understanding – new staff should not attempt these questions until month 3 of their Induction as they need to have completed their MCA training to understand some sections. (Answers are in the County Wide Best Practice folder , under Induction)
- CQC – includes a short knowledge check and reflective practice to consider how the new staff contributes to CQC standards.
- Policy and Summary Guidance has a short knowledge check to help focus reading.
- Skills for Care Workbook – questions to evidence understanding of Standard 1 knowledge. ( Model answers are in the County Wide Best practice Folder, under Induction)
- Observations – link to observations to evidence competence