Council & Democracy | Children & Families | Culture & Heritage | Economy & Enterprise | Environment & Planning | Jobs & Careers | Education and Learning | People & Community | Safety & Emergencies | Social Care & Health | Transport & Roads |
Charges & Benefits
Charges for services
As a response to the Government's Fairer Charging initiative, Devon Social Services has introduced charges for services based on an assessment of your ability to pay. This assessment, as well as a benefits health check service, is carried out by the Finance and Benefits Team, a partnership consisting of Devon County Council, the Department of Work and Pensions and the Citizens Advice Bureau service.
These charges only affect services to adults.
- Residential & Nursing Care
- Help with charges for permanent residential and nursing care
- Community Meals and Day Centre Transport Charges
- Fairer Charging policy for non-residential social care services (29KB - pdf help)
- Also see factsheet FS2a - Charging for non-residential services (Personal Budgets) (166KB - pdf help)
Council Tax Support and Welfare Benefits
Financial benefits are not provided by Devon County Council but by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). Benefits are however fundamental to the welfare of many people in Devon, and are therefore key in the County Councils' drive towards reducing inequalities and promoting diversity and social inclusion.