Every organisation who applied to be a Supporting Independence provider had to answer the following questions successfully:
- how will your organisation ensure that its managers, staff and any volunteers are safely recruited, suitably trained, understand and are able to apply your organisation’s policies and procedures?
- how will your organisation safeguard people that use its services?
- how will your organisation ensure that equality and diversity is respected and promoted through the services it provides?
- how will your organisation ensure that it provides a person centred service that meets people’s needs, wishes and outcomes?
- how will your organisation ensure that service users, staff and volunteers are aware of its complaints, safeguarding and whistle blowing policies and are able to access independent advocacy for service users where necessary?
- how will your organisation ensure that its service is of good quality and that areas for improvement are identified and acted upon?
- how will your organisation ensure that people attending its services (and their carers) are fully involved in deciding how services are delivered to them and are involved in service development?
- how will your organisation deliver additional social value to local and/or the wider community through its delivery of this contract? Your answer must align to the criteria contained in section 13.7 of schedule 1 and section 13.6 of schedule 4 (which are the same).