We would like to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and working with the government and NHS.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information for Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice pages.
Who to Include and Exceptions
Who to Include:
Teachers and Support Staff need to be included in the School Workforce Census (SWC) as a named record (i.e. included in your Personnel system) if they are in regular service. This is defined as continuous service of one month (28 days) or more, either under a specific contract or under a service agreement.
• Finance officers on a Service Level Agreement e.g. Babcock (but record on Third Party Headcount if in school on 8 November)
• Advisory Teachers on a Service Level Agreement e.g. Babcock (but record on Third Party Headcount if in school on 8 November)
• ScoMIS IT Support Technicians (this information will be sent to the DfE via a central file)
• Governors and Clerk to Governors
• Voluntary Staff
• Staff employed at Childrens Centres (except where an element of their time is for the maintained school sector)
• Staff employed in extended services, e.g. breakfast club (except where an element of their time is for the maintained school sector)
• Escorts (Except where employed to provide support to children e.g. with SEN, escorting them between various activities or location (other than home to school))
• Peripatetic Teachers whose contract is with parents (If their contract is with the school they must be included)
• Support Staff not employed by the school or LA. (These are only included on SWC in Third Party Headcount if in school on the census day)
• Exam invigilators (unless they meet the regular service criteria)
A more extensive list is available in Annex 1 of the Devon Annual School Workforce Census guidance.