I own my own house does this make a difference?

Many people using Devon County Council care services own their own homes, many will also have needs that are not eligible for social care to help them to remain in their homes. Support is available to help people make changes to their homes, or make other arrangements for support needed that is not eligible for social care funding. There can come a time, as people’s needs change, when other accommodation is considered.

Some people may sell their home and move into a residential or nursing home, or perhaps move into Extra Care Housing or Supported Accommodation, where care can be provided from just a few hours a day up to 24 hours of each day. Social care funding is available for eligible needs and people will then fund other arrangements to help themselves in other ways.

These are options that are available to people within the shared ownership housing complexes that we will be reviewing.

Be the first to Comment