We support Devon’s maintained schools and academies to improve outcomes for EAL pupils. We are a multicultural, multilingual, team of teachers who provide training, resources, advice and pupil support. Contact us to book in:
- EAL training – we offer a range of workshops including supporting new arrivals, differentiation, assessment for EAL, bilingualism and coordinating EAL
- race equality training and advisory support
- bilingual support for EAL pupils
- interpreter support for meetings, inductions and parent groups
- EAL consultancy visits
- EAL and race equality resources
Please familiarise yourself with our English as an additional language (EAL) guidance (March 2023). This contains the majority of information you need, as well as how to access specific support.
- For Ukrainian refugee support only, please complete a referral form
- For new bilingual support or an interpreter booking, please complete the Bilingual support and interpreter booking form.
- For registering a new arrival, please complete the Information collection form.
- For general queries and advice for maintained/LA and EY schools, please complete the Information collection form, review the new EAL guidance mentioned above and use the link within this to book a clinic appointment.
- For all other schools and settings, please purchase consultancy time (1hr, 3hr, 6hr+) and complete an information collection form. We will then make contact.