Skip to content


Child employment and entertainment: guidance for schools

Children are allowed to work from the age of 13 if they have been issued with a work permit from the Local Authority. To help protect children all child employment is regulated by law.

Children who are involved in theatre, TV, modelling performances or paid sport are also governed by law and may need to obtain an entertainment license.

More information on child employment can be found for employers and parents and for chaperones here.

If your school would like to request a presentation to pupils about regulation, governing, the employment of children of compulsory school age or information and advice on child entertainment, contact the Child Employment and Entertainment Officer on 01392 287223.