Intimate Care: Support and advice for children requiring assistance
This half day course will include relevant legislation, practical tips, sharing of suitable templates as well as an opportunity to discuss any concerns/issues.
Delegates will leave the course with an awareness of:
- What is meant by support with personal care, the role of support staff in delivering good practice
- The importance of empowering individuals to make choices regarding their personal care
- The importance of sensitivity, dignity and respect when supporting people with personal care
- How differing communication techniques can be facilitated
- Identifying safeguarding issues with regard to children and young people who require support with toileting/medical needs and use of record keeping and documentation
- Managing practical personal care within the toilet setting, review of safe use of standard and accessible toilets
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."