Success@Arithmetic: Calculation is a maths intervention from the Every Child Counts suite of interventions. It is aimed at pupils in upper KS2 and KS3 who find calculation difficult and who are working below National Curriculum expectations for Y4.
Success@Arithmetic Professional Development and Training Programme:
- 2.5 training days for a teaching assistant and lead teacher
- Half-day follow up for TAs
- A strong focus on mathematical subject knowledge
- Develops effective pedagogical approaches
- Opportunity for academic accreditation
- An optional visit to the school by the Trainer to support the delivery,
- management and evaluation of Success@Arithmetic: Calculation.
How does it work?
- Success@Arithmetic: Calculation trains a lead teacher and a teaching assistant who work together to raise pupils attainment and develop their understanding, fluency and confidence in written calculation.
- The lead teacher conducts a diagnostic assessment and selects a series of Success@Arithmetic steps to form a tailored programme that the teaching assistant delivers to an intervention group of up to three pupils.
- The sessions use number rods, bar modelling and written methods to build a complete mathematical picture, developing pupils arithmetic fluency. They can be adapted to meet individual needs.
- The cost of this training is £490 + £325 fee payable to Edge Hill for registration and resources (£815 in total). This charge covers the Lead Teacher and one teaching assistant. One additional teaching assistant will cost an extra £200. The box of resources can be shared by two teaching assistants; an additional set of resources can be purchased if required.
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."