Unlocking Children’s Maths Potential
Improving outcomes for children attracting pupil premium
We will be running an action research project during the spring term, which draws on recent research, looking at how to improve outcomes for children in mathematics. The paper ‘Unlocking Children’s Maths Potential’ by Jo Boaler will provide the starting point for the project. Boaler suggests that five research results provide details of how to transform learning. These are:
- All students can achieve at high levels.
- Students’ ideas about their ability determine their learning pathways and math achievement
- Mistakes and struggle are extremely important for learning
- Mathematics should be disassociated from speed
- Teachers’ messages are hugely powerful
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."