EXPIRED South West Behaviour Conference: Building Bridges, Building Relationships – Friday 23 November 2018
Children need to experience relationships with an adult which enable them to develop feelings of safety and security and develop their own ability to self-regulate. Children with unmet needs may see the world as comfortless and unpredictable and respond by shrinking from it or doing battle with it.
This conference will:
- Focus on ensuring positive relationships are at the heart of e
- Everything we do when working with children and young people
- Help delegates learn how to facilitate real behavioural change
- Explore the many reasons why a child may feel insecure in a relationship, and the unexpected result traditional behaviourist approaches may have
- Provide a greater understanding of the needs of children who have experienced less sensitive, consistent and responsive care
- Demonstrate how to use relational responses, which provide compassion, empathy and understanding
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."