Information on Google and Microsoft Tools for remote teaching – Contingency planning in the event of Covid-19 closures
Dear Senior Leader,
In light of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) the Digital Skills Partnership have collated information from Google and Microsoft to help schools/ colleges / Universities with their contingency planning for remote teaching in the event of closures.
- Google Hangouts Meet and Google Classroom
- Microsoft Teams
If your establishment already has O365, Microsoft encourage you to:
- Review getting started with Microsoft Teams for remote learning documentation
- Attend the upcoming Teams webinar on remote learning
If you do not have O365 and would like to begin leveraging a Microsoft remote learning solution:
- Get Office 365 for free: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/education/products/office
- Review the Office 365 Education Set Up Guide as well as the Getting started with Office 365 and Windows 10 Educator Course
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."