EXPIRED Autism and Social Narratives Workshop
The Communication and Interaction Team (C&I) are delivering a workshop designed for school staff to develop their knowledge and skills in supporting children and young people with autism using social narrative resources and strategies.
Audience: SENCos, INCOs, teachers with specific responsibility, all key stages
This is a 2 hour workshop and will cover the following topics:
- Theory and evidence based research for use of social narratives
- Overview of:
- Comic strip conversations
- Flow charts and Choice trees
- Social stories
- Child focused strategies/approaches
- Open forum to share good practise
- Develop skills and knowledge so that delegates can effectively deliver a range of social narrative formats and strategies.
- Help delegates to produce social narratives conducive for CYP they support.
Raise the confidence of staff in order to share skills learnt back into setting with wider teams.
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."