Success@Arithmetic– a new small-group maths intervention for those who find calculation difficult
How does it work?
Success@Arithmetic trains a lead teacher and a teaching assistant who work together to raise pupils’ attainment and develop their understanding, fluency and confidence in written calculation.
The lead teacher conducts a diagnostic assessment and selects a series of Success@Arithmetic steps to form a tailored programme. The teaching assistant delivers it to a small intervention group.
The sessions include concrete, pictorial and symbolic approaches that build a complete mathematical picture, moving the pupils towards arithmetical fluency.
Professional Development and Training
• Preparatory half day on diagnostic assessment for lead teacher
• 2.5 training days for a teaching assistant and lead teacher
• A strong focus on mathematical subject knowledge
• Develops effective pedagogical approaches
• Opportunity for academic accreditation
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."