Leaders not co-ordinators – Leading and sustaining secondary literacy
This one day briefing will focus on how to lead and sustain literacy across the curriculum. Delegates will explore sure-fire ways of ensuring that literacy development builds and sustains its momentum. The focus will be on providing a ‘toolkit’ to support literacy leadership, including some key classroom strategies that will improve the learning of all students. The day will help those who are just setting out on the literacy adventure, but also those who want to review and refresh what they have already done.
Key reasons to attend:
Participants will find out :
- how to carry out a simple audit of literacy across the school
- the four most important aspects of reading and writing
- key classroom strategies for reading and writing
- how to facilitate appropriate staff training
- how to grab and hold staff attention for literacy
- what Ofsted are looking for with regard to literacy
- invaluable resources to support literacy development
- about meeting the needs of weaker readers and writers
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."