Supporting secondary schools to develop a whole school approach to addressing homophobic bullying
There is a significant volume of research into the experiences of young lesbian, gay and bisexual people in schools and colleges including:
• Sixty five per cent of young lesbian, gay and bisexual people have experienced homophobic bullying at secondary school
• Almost 100 per cent of young lesbian and gay people hear homophobic and derogatory language in their secondary school
• Fifty eight per cent of those who experience homophobic bullying never report it
• Seven out of ten lesbian and gay pupils who experience homophobic bullying say it has had an impact on their school work
• Up to date information
• Workshop opportunity to explore aspects of homophobic bullying
One Funded Place For A Representative From A Devon LA Maintained Secondary School. Additional places will be charged at £60. Non Devon LA schools can attend at £60. Late cancellation or non-attendance will incur a charge.
"Weeks run from Monday to Sunday. Please note that weeks without communications to schools are ignored and the links will go to the last week where a communication was made in this category."