Skip to content

What happens if I need a temporary permit while my vehicle is being repaired?

If your vehicle is off the road after an accident or being repaired and that work is likely to take more than 2 days to resolve, we can issue a temporary permit by email that can be printed by you and displayed in your vehicle. Visitor permits should be used for short-term changes of less than 2 days.

Temporary permits can be used for up to 7 days from the date of issue. Should repairs or insurance claim be likely to take longer than 14 days, we can reassign your courtesy car details to your main permit and change it back when your car is returned.

You cannot have a temporary permit for a courtesy car if your own car is still parked on the road in your zone, pending removal, repair or settlement of an insurance claim. We are unable to exceed the allocated number of permits per address.

Please email with details of the permit number, permit holders name and address, current registration number, the temporary registration number and the reason why it is needed, for example, breakdown or accident.

We can only action requests for changes from the person named as the permit holder on our database.

Comments are closed.