Mortehoe and Woolacombe Traffic Management Plan
Devon County Council, along with County Councillor Andrea Davis and Mortehoe Parish Council, have reviewed the existing parking restrictions within the Mortehoe and Woolacombe area.
Proposals seek to improve parking within the village centre of Woolacombe for residents, to tackle parking related concerns along The Esplanade and improve access to the shops in Mortehoe. This is in response to concerns raised by residents in this area, who are experiencing difficulties with the current on-street parking that is taking place.
The intention of the scheme is to resolve on going parking concerns within the community and to ensure parking remains available for residents and visitors.
Summary of proposals
- North Morte Road – Extend Limited Waiting to all year and introduce No Waiting at Any Time opposite
- The Esplanade – Amending the pay and display and limited waiting to apply 15 March – 31 October and extending the pay and display to finish at midnight
- The Esplanade – Formalising the disabled bays by The Pumping Station
- Village Centre – Extending the residents parking to apply all year round and converting some limited waiting bays to residents parking
- Limited Waiting – Amending limited waiting bays to operate between 15 March – 31 October and add an exemption for residents permit holders to 3 bays on South Street.
- No Waiting at Any Time – double yellow lines proposed across accesses and driveways in the area
The proposals were advertised from 13 January until 3 February 2022.
What happens next
The final elements of the proposals have now been implemented and came into effect on 20 September 2022.
Details of all of the changes can be found in the documents below.
- Advert & Statement of reasons
- Draft Order
- 5911 Notice of Making Phase 1
- 5911 Sealed Order – Phase 1
- 5993 Notice of Making Phase 2
- 5993 Sealed Order – Phase 2