Skip to content

Make a request

Apply for a Section 171

This form needs to be completed by the contractor undertaking the works on the public highway.

If you are unable to complete the online form, please contact us and we can provide a paper application.  However, please note that due to the Covid-19 pandemic, all our teams are working from home, therefore there will be a delay in responding to any applications which are posted to us.

Before you start

The following guidance details exactly what you will need to know and the information you must be able to provide when completing your application.  Please take the time to read this.  You will not be able to complete your application without the information detailed.