Temporary Traffic Orders for events
You can apply for a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) if restrictions are needed to:
- allow an event to be held
- enable members of the public to watch the event
- reduce the disruption to traffic likely to be caused by the event.
If your event involves closing roads, making roads one-way or suspending parking you must apply for a TTRO at least three months in advance.
If you need cones or signs, these will need to be arranged via a third party contractor. Only a suitable insured and trained person may place signs or cones on the highway.
A charitable or community event is:
- an event organised by a registered charity where all proceeds from the event go to that charity
- an event organised by a local community or group which is not a registered charity where all proceeds go to a charity or the local community.