Temporary traffic orders for events
You can apply for a temporary traffic regulation order (TTRO) if restrictions are needed to:
- allow an event to be held
- enable members of the public to watch the event
- reduce the disruption to traffic likely to be caused by the event
If your event involves closing roads, making roads one-way or suspending parking you must apply for a TTRO at least three months in advance.
|Event type||Major (5000+)||Significant (1000 – 5000)||Minor (500 – 1000)||Small community (fewer than 500)|
|Notification of event only||No charge|
|Traffic regulation orders||£200||£200||£200||£75||£75||No charge||£75||No charge|
If you need cones or signs, these will need to be arranged via a third party contractor. Only a suitable insured and trained person may place signs or cones on the highway.
A charitable or community event is:
- an event organised by a registered charity where all proceeds from the event go to that charity
- an event organised by a local community or group which is not a registered charity where all proceeds go to a charity or the local community