Mirrors on the Highway
DCC will not allow the use of mirrors on the public highway because experience shows that mirrors can increase safety risks , which include;
- reflect light and interfere with a driver’s vision
- reduce the ability to judge an oncoming vehicle’s speed
- create an unreasonable dependence on the mirror
- if dirty, distort or restrict the view
- be an easy target for vandals
If visibility is an issue, there may be other solutions available e.g. cutting back vegetation or realigning boundary fences.