Guide: Business Plan 2015-2021
- Our purpose: To maintain the highway network
- Our purpose: To operate the highway network
- Our purpose: To improve the highway network and delivery of our service
- Business model
- One team: Communicating together
- Our strategy
- Guiding principles: Intelligent use of information
- Guiding principles: Innovative delivery of services
- Guiding principles: Strong business focus
- Our Business Plan Framework 2015-2021
Our purpose: To maintain the highway network
We aim to maintain the highway network so it is as safe to use as possible with the funding available.
To do this we undertake:
- regular inspections to identify and repair safety issues
- regular surveys of the network to provide information on the condition
- routine cycles of general maintenance, such as gully emptying
- planned maintenance to drainage systems and ditches, minor road repairs, traffic signals, street lighting, road markings and signage.
We also encourage trained volunteers from communities across Devon to get involved to do minor maintenance works in their area through the long-established Parish Paths Partnership (P3) and our more recent road warden initiative and self-help schemes.
We work with the Community Payback service to enable offenders to give back to the community by spending community service hours maintaining public areas, such as clearing overgrown vegetation from paths, cleaning graffiti and painting fences and railings.