Time flies when you’re having fun! (and working hard, of course). Another busy couple of weeks for the Webteam…development, design, publishing, special guests and more!
- More social media roadshows with DCC Heads of Service
- Drafting of councillor social media guidance
- Draft report started on social media barriers
- Attended a meeting with Legal and Child protection colleagues about possible use of Facebook by social workers – any guidance or existing practice welcome from others
- Twitter guidance meeting with Devon’s Safeguarding Children Board
- Children’s Centre social media project update report.
Web and Digital Design and Development
- Meeting with Exeter City colleagues to talk about their intranet redesign and to explain our approach to the same
- A few projects getting off the ground, including Adult Learning redesign and Social Care redesign
- Continued work on the build of new DCC staff news centre (including non standard IE support)
- Continued work on the build of staff intranet (the source) homepage (including non standard IE support)
- Set the new version of Journey Devon live
- Helped out with various blogs theme features, including rss feed link, twitter follow me and beta feedback process.
- Completed the conversion of our blogging template and transferred both this site and the DCC Scrutiny blog (Beta) into the new theme
- Completed an internal calendar system for out Internal Communications colleagues.
- Picked up the redevelopment of Connecting Devon and Somerset after the appointment of a new coordinator. Testing out Eventbrite integration for their events planning. http://beta.devon.gov.uk/cds
Content Design and Publishing
- Had a conversation with IT colleagues about Councillor profile pages as part of the planned new Devon democracy centre
- Conversations with IT about the source (DCC staff intranet) redesign and wider authentication with further meetings planned
- Built some new online booking forms for use on the DCC Devon Association of Primary Heads webpages (DAPH)
- Planning for the new Devon ‘Community Centre’ including concept and designs
- Staff Newscentre WordPress training and content creation
- Helped out colleagues in our Highways department with publishing the DCC Winter Service Plan for 2012/13
- Worked with colleagues in the Education service to publish updated School Admissions webpages (not yet completed)
- Lots of general publishing work on our public and staff sites including providing assistance and advice where necessary.
- Planning for new Social Care and Health website and content
- Discussions around migration of Adult Protection content
- Updates of Social Care Factsheets
- Mental Capacity Act content review.
- Attended the DCC Corporate Leadership Team (CLT+) Leadership Forum to provide support and also took along Dominic Campbell and Dave Briggs
- Trialled some live yammering from the above CLT+ event
- Had a meeting with Dave and colleagues about staff suggestion/ideas mgt
demo from Govdelivery folks
- Began compiling the response to the audit meeting held a few weeks ago
- Discussed the transfer of an additional member to our team due to restructuring elsewhere
- Carried out some iPad video editing training with an Internal Comms colleague
- Keeping an eye on the Government Digital Strategy as well as other interesting GDS blog posts; Shipping the digital strategy and The UK’s digital landscape
- Clean-up of Vuelio (our press management system) user accounts and transfers for East Devon.
- Support for Devon PEN forum.
The Lighter Side
- Some funny sites on here http://www.theuselessweb.com/. One of our favourites is http://lockyourscreen.com/
- Creative use of 3D printing
- Kittens live!
- Kickstarter of the week – TGT