Skip to content

Guide: Plan a marriage or civil partnership

Part 1 Choose a venue

There are over 200 venues across Devon licensed to hold civil ceremonies, including hotels, converted barns, stately homes and our own registration offices. We’re sure you will be able to find something to suit your tastes or match your budget!

Civil ceremonies at any chosen venue are conducted by a registration officer (registrar) and are strictly non-religious.

If you would like to hold your ceremony in a church or other religious building you should contact the minister or other person in charge of the building to find out how to book your ceremony and discuss other arrangements that might need to take place.

If you have chosen to get married abroad you should use the GOV.UK – getting married abroad tool to find out what to do next.