September 2021 updates
We aim to keep all providers updated on training opportunities, news and changes. We will be keeping this page regularly updated and sharing with you all.
Health and Social Care Skills Accelerator Programme – Learn Devon courses available!
- Proud to Care Devon has successfully secured £3.45million of European funding to help Devon’s health and care workers develop new skills and to encourage others to join the profession. Courses and workshops are offered free of charge, covering basic skills for maths, English and Digital Skills along with employability skills to support you on your chosen career in Health and Care.
Health and Social Care Skills Accelerator Programme- Exeter college caring careers unlocked
- Caring Careers Unlocked is an eight week programme offering you two pathways where you will develop care certificate knowledge, employability skills and personal and professional development opportunities.
Free online medication course
- Online Foundation Course in Medicines Administration combined with Virtual Medicines Round delivered by The Medication Training Company. We have 10 licenses available for all DCC adult social care providers, two licenses per organisation please email email@example.com for more information and to book.
- There will be an information event on 07/09/2021 regarding application for the Nursing Associate programme commencing Spring 2022. The event will be co-hosted by DCC and the University of Bolton (North Devon campus). Please contact Mo Holman at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07890 382843 for any information about the Nursing Associate role in social care.
Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship
- New guidance from Health Education England about the Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship. The Registered Nurse Degree Apprenticeship enables apprentices to come together as a diverse group of learners from a variety of different health, social and voluntary care organisations including mental health, acute trusts, community settings, nursing homes, hospices and GP practices.
Maths and English functional skills
- Free to all social care staff – help for those wishing to take Functional Skills in Maths &/or English. For more information please see bksb for NHS and Social Care workers. If you would like to sign up for a consultation, please email email@example.com.
- Skills for care are offering rapid induction training, this has been prioritised to ensure that new employees can perform their duties safely. Refresher training and the volunteer’s programme will re-commence when further funds are confirmed. You must have an Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set (ASC-WDS) account to access the funded training. If you don’t have an account, you can create an account