For Registered Nursing Associates qualified in the last three years and who are new to Primary Care and social care
Preceptorship is a period of structured transition to guide and support all newly qualified practitioners from students to autonomous professionals in order to develop their practice further.
Benefits for you:
- Structured support needed to transition your knowledge into everyday practice successfully.
- A journey of reflection and an ability to self-identify continuing professional development needs.
- Gain in confidence, sense of belonging and feel valued by your employer.
Benefits for employers:
- Effective preceptorship is linked to improved recruitment and retention.
- Skilled nursing associates delivering better, safe and more effective care.
- Improved sense of wellbeing for both staff and service users.
Key information- This programme run by Devon Training Hub and Devon County Council has been designed to support Registered Nursing Associates and their employers:
- Three study days relevant to Nursing Associate practice spread over a year
- Reflective practice through Action Learning Sets
- Preceptor support
- External mentor support
- Cost – free
Introduction session (remote) September (date to be confirmed) and (face to face) October 5th 2023