Following the success of last year’s programme 47 leaders from across health and social care including colleagues from the Private, Voluntary and Independent sector and primary care came together for the launch of our 2nd 18mnth intensive programme on the 15th October 2019.
The programme is a blended experiential learning approach and has been designed to ensure it is both a development opportunity as well as delivering specific meaningful systems work that will benefit the overall system, individual organisations and will develop the confidence and skills of each of the leaders on the programme.
Leaders told us they found the first day exciting, different, loved the style and pace of the launch day and are looking forward to the rest of their programme.
The programme aims to support leaders to:
• Build meaningful relationships and networks across our health and care organisations across Devon and do real system work together.
• Increase understanding of the local, regional and national context in which we all have to operate to deliver patient care across Devon.
• Deeper understanding of, and empathy with all members of NHS and care “family”; the role of local government; the NHS, primary care and the third and private sectors
• Thinking through what working as part of the STP means for you and your organisation and the skills and mind-set that might be needed to do that effectively
• Building capability today and onwards,(knowledge, confidence and skills) to influence effectively in your organisation and in the wider system
• Work on real systems work, get valuable 360 feedback, 121 and group coaching, learning how to strike a balance between system/organisational pulls and also work within a simulated system
The Organisational Development Leads across the STP are working together to deliver this development programme. This is one of the streams of activity as part of the STP OD Leadership & Talent Strategy agreed HR Directors across the STP.
Lisa Denning of the RD&E leads on this stream of activity and funding from HEE has been allocated to continue this valuable development opportunity.
We are very much hoping we can run a cohort 3 next year so if you are working across the system and this development excites you and you would benefit then let RD&E Talent and learning Team know and we will add you to the waitlist.