Completion goal reached for new artificial grass pitch
Posted on: 6 September 2019
The Artificial Grass Pitch (AGP) at Tarka Tennis Centre will be opening on Monday 9 September after works to complete the pitch were finished earlier this week.
The new AGP will be the only full-sized artificial pitch in North Devon and Torridge licensed with the Football Association (FA) for formal match play. It has been built following successful funding bids from the Premier League & FA Facilities Fund, S106 Funding*, North Devon Council Capital Funding and Devon County Council Investing in Devon Funding.
Devon County FA are working in partnership with North Devon Council and their leisure operator, LEX Leisure to run some very exciting leagues at the new facility:
- Weekly Monday Night Men’s 6-a-side League, 7-9pm, interested teams should register at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/devon567
- Fortnightly Friday Night Ladies 6-a-side League, 7-9pm, interested teams should register at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/devon567
- Fortnightly Friday Night Men’s Vets (35+) League, 7-9pm, interested teams should register at: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/DevonXIevens
Additionally, any clubs wishing to host formal matches at the venue are being offered a discounted price. There is currently availability for teams on Saturday afternoons and all day on Sundays:
- £60 for 11v11 matches (2 hour slot)
- £35 for youth 9v9 matches (90 minute slot)
- £20 for youth 7v7 matches (1 hour slot) and £10 for youth 5v5 matches (1 hour slot).
Midweek training slots are already heavily booked but there is still availability for 9-10pm on Monday and Tuesday, 6-7pm on Wednesday and 5-7pm on Friday, please call or email Tarka Tennis Centre for more details.
Leader of North Devon Council, Councillor David Worden, says: “I am pleased to announce that our new FA-registered pitch has now been completed. Our officers have been working very hard to deliver this project on time for the start of the new season. It will be an excellent facility for these exciting new small sided leagues and for our local teams to play on throughout the year.”
All bookings are to be made through LEX Leisure, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01271 377701 to discuss availability.
*Section 106 (S106) is money paid to the council by developers as part of the planning conditions of planning applications. The money can only be used for certain things, but is used primarily for public open space projects.Posted in: Leisure