Skip to content

Financial help if you cannot work from home while self-isolating

Posted on:

Self-isolating can be difficult, but it’s important to stop coronavirus spreading to other people.

Let your employer know if you cannot work from home while you’re self-isolating. They should tell you if you’re covered by their sick leave or special leave policy. If you cannot get sick pay from your employer, you might be able to get Statutory Sick Pay or another type of financial support.

The government has published guidance for people who are employed and cannot work due to coronavirus.

If you’re asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace and you’re on a low income, unable to work from home and will lose income as a result, you may be entitled to a payment of £500 from your local district or city council under the Test and Trace Support Payment scheme. To receive the support, you will need to make a claim and provide evidence to confirm your eligibility. You can find out more about this, including who qualifies for the support, on the government’s website.