Jennie Stephens is Chief Officer for Adult Care and Health.
Role and responsibilities
- To provide the strategic management of the Council’s services for adult care, strategic commissioning for adult services and a strategic relationship with health.
- To act as the Council’s statutory Director for Adult Social Services (DASS).
- To lead on joint strategic commissioning with the NHS.
- To work in partnership with members of the Health and Wellbeing Board to improve health and wellbeing for Devon’s citizens.
- To ensure appropriate safeguarding arrangements are in place within the council and across the partnership.
Jennie began her career as a social worker in a number of London boroughs. She has held various leadership and management posts and has extensive experience in strategic development and transformational change. Jennie has wide-ranging partnership and system leadership experience having worked in joint agency roles between Devon County Council and the NHS as well as for a Strategic Health Authority and the Department of Health.
Prior to her appointment as Chief Officer for Adult Care and Health, Jennie was Strategic Director for People for five years and before that Interim Executive Director for Adult and Community Services for two years, at Devon County Council.
See the direct reports for Chief Officer for Adult Care and Health below:
Jennie’s head of service direct reports are:
- Keri Storey – Head of Adult Care Operations and Health
- Louise Higgins – Interim Assistant Director Adult Social Care (Western Devon)
- Stella Doble – Assistant Director Adult Social Care (Northern Devon)
- Lee Baxter – Assistant Director Adult Social Care (Southern Devon)
- Maggie Gordon – Assistant Director Adult Social Care (Eastern Devon)
- Tina Ramage – Principal Adult Social Worker
- Gary Patch – Assistant Director Disability Services
- Carolyne Hague – Principal Adult Occupational Therapist
- Tim Golby – Associate Director of Commissioning (Care and Health)
- Solveig Sansom – Deputy Head of Service – Adult Commissioning and Health
- Rebecca Hudson – Senior Commissioning Manager – Disabilities
- Ian Hobbs Senior Commissioning Manager – Market Management and Quality Assurance
- Derek O’Toole – Head of Mental Health Commissioning for South Devon and Torbay & NEW Devon Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Geraldine Benson – Principal Social Worker
- Damian Furniss – Senior Manager – Policy, Performance and Involvement
- Giles Colton – Senior Manager – Transformation