Tim Golby is Associate Director of Commissioning.
Role and responsibilities
Tim has overall responsibility for commissioning high-quality services to meet the social care needs of people in Devon, for quality assurance and for the implementation of change proposals.
Tim joined Devon County Council in 1987 as a graduate trainee accountant and gained his professional qualification in 1991. He has worked in roles in social care across the county (Plymouth, Bideford, Honiton and Exeter) in a range of financial, operational and project management roles. In his role as Head of Adult Commissioning and Health his accountabilities included identifying the social care needs of the population of Devon and identifying models of care that can meet those needs in a period of growing complexity and demand.
Since April 2019, Tim has been seconded to a new joint role as Associate Director of Commissioning, taking on additional responsibilities within the NHS.
Integration of social care and health is a national priority in the NHS long term plan and in Devon, Tim’s role will help to develop integrated working by working closely with our NHS commissioning partners. He reports to both the NHS Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) Director of Commissioning and Jennie Stephens, Chief Officer (Adult Care and Health) Devon County Council.
Tim will work with the commissioners and providers of acute hospital and community services, primary care, mental health and social care to plan, finance and deliver services.
See the direct reports for Associate Director of Commissioning below:
Tim’s direct reports are:
- Solveig Sansom – Deputy Head of Service – Adult Commissioning and Health
- Rebecca Hudson – Senior Commissioning Manager – Disabilities
- Ian Hobbs Senior Commissioning Manager – Market Management and Quality Assurance
- Derek O’Toole – Head of Mental Health Commissioning for South Devon and Torbay & NEW Devon Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Geraldine Benson – Principal Social Worker
- Damian Furniss – Senior Manager – Policy, Performance and Involvement
- Giles Colton – Senior Manager – Transformation
Please note that due to the implementation of a new HR system the links to structure charts are not currently available. We are working on a new process in order to be able to provide this information again.