The NHS Occupational Therapists at the ILC. provide an equipment specialist resource for people in Devon who want solutions to maintain their independence, safety and mobility. The service is also for carers and any Devon staff who need advice and information. The service is free and no referral is needed. We are funded by Devon County Council and Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
- ILC equipment specialist OTs can discuss equipment conundrums and can join Devon staff on joint visits when required, to identify complex equipment solutions.
- Staff can signpost service users to contact us themselves for equipment advice and information and to book an appointment to be assessed at our equipment demonstration centre. Our team can advise them on equipment provision from statutory services and give buying guidance to people who need or choose to purchase equipment solutions.
We run a diverse programme of training for Devon staff to enhance practice and ensure equipment provision is effective and timely.
- ILC Course Brochure 2019
- We can also visit your workplace to run equipment workshops tailored to the needs of your teams: ILC equipment workshops
- New prescribers must complete this workbook with their managers before attending equipment training:
Introduction to prescribing community equipment workbook
We regularly review new equipment and share this news through our social media sites and by inviting companies to demonstrate new innovations. Devon staff are welcome to call in during these demonstrations to see the products. Phone 01392 380181 to find out the next event dates and times. Let us know if there is a company or product that you would like us to bring to the centre for you to view.
Advice and Reference for Devon Staff
These guidance notes are for Devon NHS and Devon County teams to use as reference. For further information please contact our ILC Occupational Therapy team.
Seating, Beds and Tissue Viability
- Guide to Measuring for Seating
- Recognising Good Seated Posture
- Maintaining Skin Health when Lying Down
- Pressure Cushion Advice for Care Homes
News and reviews from the OT Show 2018
The Independent Living Centre Occupational Therapists and Devon’s expert moving and handling OT attended the OT show 2018- see below links for news and equipment highlights from the event.
- Equipment Highlights from the OT Show 2018 – ILC OT’s
- Moving and handling feedback from the OT show 2018– Lucy Bone