We carry out a number of functions to a range of services including schools, residential homes, waste sites, highways, outdoor education centres, offices and libraries. These services are provided to all DCC establishments; however, they are available to partner organisations and any not-for-profit organisations located in Devon on a subscription basis. For a full breakdown of support to internal and external clients, please contact us.
- Accident and incident investigation and reporting relevant accidents to the HSE.
- Acting as the organisation’s competent person as defined by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations.
- Advice and guidance via the provision of health, safety and wellbeing information, guidance and policies that are reviewed regularly in line with new and forthcoming legislation, good practice and case law.
- Audit/Reviews: Full establishment health and safety management reviews every three years, with a full report and action plan. The visit also includes a physical inspection of the premises.
- Liaison with enforcing authorities.
- Library of health and safety training DVDs for free loan.
- OSHENS web-based health and safety management system for accident reporting, various risk assessments, document library and report generation.
- Risk Assessment:
- Direct assistance with carrying out very complex risk assessments, including moving and handling assessments of individuals with complex physical needs.
- Fire risk assessment.
- Generic risk assessments covering all premises, curriculum, people, activities and health related issues.
- Statutory recording and reporting.
- Training – programmed and bespoke.
For further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring us on 01392 382027.