Learning Disability Partnership Board (LDPB) – March 2022
LDPB held on 30th March 2022
Summary of meeting
The LDPB discussions included:
Devon County Council
and NHS updates –
Liberty Protection Standards (LPS)
- The Government wants to know what people think of the changes being made to the Mental Capacity Act Code of Practice and the new Liberty Protection Safeguards.
- Supported housing plays an important role in supporting good health and wellbeing and health for many people.
- Devon County Council’s Reaching for Independence Service
- Ability Not Disability Project
- Employment Forum
Devon Partnership Trust Update
- Devon Link-Up is helping with the reasonable adjustment pilot.
- Resources have been developed to support this work.
- The spring Covid booster programme has now started for all over 75s, those who are immunocompromised or living in a care home.
Programme Manager spoke about LoveCare which aims to;
- Help to improve quality and quantity of adult social care workforce helping people to live healthy independent lives.
- Have caring, confident and collaborative work.
Updates from Learning Disability Partnership Board discussion groups:
Lloyd from Devon people First asked the members of the group some questions about the group:
How did you find out about friendship groups?
How do you find the group and what activities do you do?
Devon Clinical Commissioning Group:
An update from health perspective:
- The impact of Covid-19
- Annual Health Checks
- Transforming Care
- Test of Change for the Transforming Care group
The Big Community Catch-up Update
- The group spoke about the dentist and found out whether people have been able to get an appointment recently.
Carers Discussion Group – update
- Going to have a lead practitioner for transitions starting next week.
- Families are struggling with caring whilst waiting for care need assessments.
- There could be some good training opportunities developed for carers.